Why Choose Us
We offer a personal approach and from the initial call you will be looked after by the same person. We believe that continuity in this profession is vital and we can be contacted twenty-four hours a day seven days a week. We answer to you and you only, we do not answer to shareholders or a board of directors setting performance targets.There are very few funeral directors that will tell you their fees on their website or advertise them in their window, but we do, and we are totally transparent in doing so. We are also probably the only funeral director in our area that will reduce our fees if certain items are not needed or wanted and, in addition, we offer cash back of £100 providing the full account is paid in full during the arrangement stage (this is cash it is not a voucher or a dividend).At G.M. Taylor Independent Funeral Directors we are breaking the tradition by letting a family be made aware there is no UK law that states a family must use the services of a funeral director, you can do a lot or a little yourself and if you need assistance with the practical side of things like the removal and looking after your loved one then we are only too pleased to assist, we have assisted many families recently who chose this option.
For testimonials from families we have been pleased to serve, see the reviews on Funeral Advisor.
Being Independent allows us to keep our costs down and pass on the savings to you, over the years many a funeral director has sold out the business to a corporate chain, these large chains still trade under the local name they bought the business from. To save you the time and effort we have done a little research and we feel it’s only right you should know who you are dealing with, for instance:
- Michael Smy in Ipswich is owned by Dignity Funerals
- L. Fulcher in Stowmarket is owned by Dignity Funerals
- L. Fulcher in Bury St Edmunds is owned by Dignity Funerals
- Gordon Rodwells in Felixstowe is owned by Dignity Funerals
- Brown Fenn & Parker in Sudbury is owned by Dignity Funerals
- F. Clutterham & Sons in Bury St Edmunds is owned by Dignity Funerals
- A.E.Thurlow in Bury St Edmunds is owned by Dignity Funerals
- Meridth Greengrass in Stowmarket is owned by East of England Co-op
- Meridth Grenngrass in Bury St Edmunds is owned by East of England Co-op
- Michael Denney & Sons in Lakenheath is owned by East of England Co-op
- W.H. Shepard in Colchester is owned by East of England Co-op
- Kingsbury & Saunders in Hadleigh is owned by East of England Co-op
East of England Co-op and Funeral Care are not the same firm, EoE Co-op have been in the area for some time, there main head office is in Wherstead Park, Ipswich. Funeral Care are recently new in the area, their head office is in Manchester and most people will not be aware that both Co-ops are not the same, EoE Co-op make this point very clear on most of their funeral posters. Funeral Care trade under their own name.