G M Taylor Independent Funeral Directors
Most woodland burial grounds have strict rules that ensure the natural landscape is unspoilt, these include the coffin or casket being made using bio-degradable materials such as wood, cardboard, willow, banana leaf or wool and in many woodland burial grounds a shroud can be used.
Floral tributes are most welcome but the use of plastic tape, oasis and artificial flowers should be avoided, both ribbons and foils should also be removed. A wooden marker is allowed but again no brass or plastic name plates should be used.
Please find below a number of natural woodland burial grounds and their approximate distance from Ipswich.
- Greenwood in Saxmundam price from £600 plus grave preparation fee, approximately 20 miles from our Queensway office.
- Wrabness in Manningtree, approximately 18 miles from either office.
- Culford in Bury St Edmunds, approximately 30 miles from our Ulster Avenue office.
- Barton in Cambridge, price from £750 plus grave preparation fee, approximately 55 miles from our ulster avenue office.
- Bluebell Wood in Norfolk, price from £795 plus grave preparation fee, approximately 55 miles from our Ulster Avenue office
- Muchwood in Ramsey, price from £1,200 including grave preparation fee, approximately 75 miles from either office.
- Brinkley in Newmarket, price from £600 plus grave preparation fee, approximately 47 miles from either office.
If you have chosen burial, the legal documentation is much less than that required for a cremation and this can dramatically reduce the waiting time before a funeral service can be held.
Greg, along with his staff, are always available to assist you in carrying out your wishes.
In Ipswich we have two crematoriums both within easy access to the A12 and A14. With the multi-cultural society within Suffolk we are able to offer a funeral service to take place at weekends. If your religious beliefs require that a cremation must take place during the weekend please contact us and Greg will personally liaise with the crematorium to do whatever is legally possible to satisfy your wishes.
If for some reason Ipswich cannot offer a service during the weekend Greg and his staff will find a suitable alternative. Some of our competitors may convince a family that due to circumstances beyond their control the family will have to wait three weeks for the funeral. If this is the case, please contact us as Greg and his staff guarantee that, provided all the legal documentation is completed, ten working days should be the maximum time needed to carry out your instructions. In many circumstances, the time taken can be a lot less than ten days.
Another option is to call both crematoriums and ask if your particular date and time is available, we recommend this approach as both crematoriums have fantastic, helpful and friendly staff who will assist you.
Ipswich Crematorium can be contacted on 01473 433590 and Seven Hills Crematorium can be contacted on 01473 655614.